• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Announcement!!! Wahoooo!!! Horde Still s@#ks!

A

are_eye_see_kay

I've been trying to run updates to php for about a month now. There are a couple of reasons for this. One is how INCREDIBLY SLOW horde is. The other is for security patches. It's getting to the point where they should call it plesk legacy...because it only runs on legacy software. It's supposed to make this easier, not harder. I'll tell you what, I'm going to create my own middleware CP, and have all my clients develop it for me, and I'm going to charge them alot for it, even if it doesn't work from the beginning. No worries though if they don't like it, wait til they have to call support. I'll make sure they can't understand my support staff so they can't get anything done. (Plesk support is actually very good if you're russian, or if you have all day to figure out the conversation you're trying to have.)
The bottom line is beta testing isn't something we pay to do, you guys are supposed to do it before we buy it. at least for a couple of days. In Plesk's defense, they aren't alone. I've run Ensim, Cpanel, and hsphere extensively, and they all pretty much ****. This probably won't see the forum, and it doesn't really matter. I'm just blowing off steam, because I can't figure out the problem with this upgrade...

Ok, but what's your problem with the PHP update? This is not related to Plesk.... Also, I doubt that any PHP update will make Horde faster.

Funny I was just venting..

Updated to ART 4.3.11-8 without thinking about zend and ioncube. Major screwup on my part apparently. Also running mcrypt for my 4psadnsmanager...and 700 clients who can't grasp the concept of a mail client...

Still working on recompiling php and apache to fix, unless you have any ideas.

Oh yeah..
my problem with plesk is that it should come as an appliance that you cant upgrade the core components of. Everytime you try to make an effort to keep your servers up to date something breaks...

This time it was me, and of course horde
Plesk needs to be a little tougher.

You're actually right on the php update. I'm running the original install from the plesk autoinstaller on all my other boxes, and horde is acceptably fast on those boxes.

Just frustrated is all.

Originally posted by are_eye_see_kay
Oh yeah..
my problem with plesk is that it should come as an appliance that you cant upgrade the core components of. Everytime you try to make an effort to keep your servers up to date something breaks...

This time it was me, and of course horde
Plesk needs to be a little tougher.

If I'd want to vent a little, I'd say hire an admin that knows what (s)he's doing and dont' try to make Plesk change into something no sane admin would want it to be ;)

That... and don't post into announcements, you're not that important :)

Back