• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Annoying delay between posts

LarsenD

Regular Pleskian
[solved] Annoying delay between posts

@Parallels: Why is there a 300 seconds delay between posts? I don´t know any other forum on the world where this is used.

And why in the world does it have to be 5 minutes? If I post a problem and then see another thread where I could give some hints, I have to wait 5 (!) minutes. If I have multiple problems, I might be p***ed off enough already, so delaying my posting really doesn´t help. If some other user is able to help, we couldn´t communicate in a timely manner.

Is this some kind of spam protection? Why not secure the registration process in such a way, that this annoying feature isn´t needed anymore?!

If you really think you need this "feature", please please please at least make it only 30 seconds.

Last edited:
Because of this 5 minutes delay I can only help at most 5 threads a day, as I dont have time to be counting down before I can post again ....

That´s exactly what I meant. So how dow we get Parallels to changes this?

btw: Overnight I got three notifications about replies to my subscribed topics. Guess it will take me around 10 minutes to reply to them all, what could be done in 2... and as I probably won´t set a timer, but instead try it again when I remember that there was a post left, it will even take more time.

I am not showing product expert, but I sent my details on the email as requested, can this get updated please?

Atleast the delay is nolonger a problem to as a product expert, however am not sure it's the same with other normal users. I would need a normal user to confirm on this ...

@Parallels: Please remove that delay. It is soooo annoying!!!

As I have just posted in another thread and want to reference that in yet another thread, this posting will have been delayed 10 minutes! Not helping anyone, but totally offending users who want to help.

And no, I don´t need 5 minutes to write a post.

Guys, we aware this problem and it is affect us too. But this delay protects our forum from spammers. Last time I see unusual activity of spammers here. If we disable this delay we will drown in spam.
We are working on convenient solution and I hope it will be implemented soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

I´m using several other forums and none of them has this limitation. Perhaps you should implement better captchas for registration.

I´m using several other forums and none of them has this limitation. Perhaps you should implement better captchas for registration.

Thank you. We are considering this option too.

Guys, we aware this problem and it is affect us too. But this delay protects our forum from spammers. Last time I see unusual activity of spammers here. If we disable this delay we will drown in spam.
We are working on convenient solution and I hope it will be implemented soon.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Have you tried Spam-o-Matic for vb forums. It's helped us alot.

Yet another test to see if this is still broken...

"This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts."

...yes, it is.

@Parallels: When will you finally fix this?

Nope =(

"This forum requires that you wait 300 seconds between posts. Please try again in 285 seconds."

Shouldn´t be that complicated to change the configuration...

You can change the Minimum Time Between Posts on vb boards in

Admin Control Panel -> Settings -> Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Minimum Time Between Posts

default should be 30 seconds.

Back