• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
J

jahsh420

Hi,
Where do these email go to? All emails sent out have a return address of [email protected] and we can't seem to figure out where they go. Thanks in advance.

From your post, it is not clear what you mean, could you rephrase it and give more details?

Do you mean if someone replies to the emails and it comes back to '[email protected]'?

If this is your question, then if you have a mailbox or an alias 'anonymous' the replies should come back into that mailbox.

If there is no mailbox or alias, then it will either be bounced back to them or dropped/rejected depending on your Plesk Mail settings/preferences.

Yes, if somebody replies to the address or if it bounces where does it go? I dont see where the anonymous box is, that is what I am asking. How do these mails get checked? I am pretty new to qmail. Thanks in advance.

It's like jamesyeeoc said, and I quote:

"If there is no mailbox or alias, then it will either be bounced back to them or dropped/rejected depending on your Plesk Mail settings/preferences."

If you wish to check any emails addressed to anonymous you will have to create the mailbox. AFAIK the only emails sent by anonymous are system generated emails that don't warrant a reply.

Back