• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Another qmail problem - lots of qmail-local and deliverquota processes

W

wptonline

There seems to be a lot of problems with qmail and the newest Plesk. Here is our problem which seems not to correlate with the other known problems:

Since the update to 8.4 plesk spawns tons of qmail processes. These are soo much processes that the whole server is slowing down. The service is running and I can send and get mails. But everything is slow, because the memory and swap is full. Usually only around 120 processes was running on the server.
Any ideas? If I can help with providing the content of some logfiles, just tell me.

Part of pstree:
Code:
├─qmail-lspawn───30*[qmail-local───qmail-local.mov───psa-spamc───qmail-local───qmail-local.mov───deliverquota]
├─qmail-lspawn───32*[qmail-local───qmail-local.mov───psa-spamc───qmail-local───qmail-local.mov───deliverquota]
├─qmail-lspawn───33*[qmail-local───qmail-local.mov───psa-spamc───qmail-local───qmail-local.mov───deliverquota]
├─qmail-send─┬─qmail-clean
│            ├─qmail-lspawn───50*[qmail-local───qmail-local.mov───psa-spamc───qmail-local───qmail-local.mov───deliverquota]
│            ├─qmail-rspawn───2*[qmail-remote───qmail-remote.mo]
│            └─splogger

bump

I'm having the same problem: whenever an email is sent to a mail group, lots of psa-spamc process are launched and some emails are not delivered due to errors like

/usr/local/psa/bin/psa-spamc: line 19: spamcheck25912: Too many open files in system

or

/usr/bin/spamc: error while loading shared libraries: libk5crypto.so.3: cannot open shared object file: Error 23

Back