1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Another stupid question - stuck at the change password page

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by nick_b, Nov 8, 2005.

1. nick_b

nick_b Guest

Hi,

We've just had a server setup for us and have had Plesk installed to aid with administration (we purchased this direct from swsoft but the ISP have installed it for us for free). We got access to the server last night.

I've logged into Plesk with the default u/n and p/w and come to the preferences page where it asks me to change password. However when I try to enter them and continue, an alert box comes up saying 'Some fields are empty or contain an improper value'. It then returns to the same page with the 'Full hostname' field hightlighted in red. This is auto-filled with the computer name (identical to the one in system properties). Is this correct, and if so what am I doing wrong?

Many thanks

Nick

2. PaulC

PaulC Regular Pleskian

57%
    The hostname needs to be the full name, with a domain name, example:

computer.yourdomain.com

3. nick_b

nick_b Guest

blimey that was quick :)

Many thanks, it's all much clearer now