• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Anti Virus solution

That's not the case. I just installed another identical server and it did not request spamassassin, I think it somehow becomes a dependency once it is installed for the first time since it also has to install other files with it.

I'm not sure why you would want one manditory spam solution from qmail scanner when there are lots out there such as dspam and many others that may or may not be better than spamassassin. Making spamassassin manditory would be a mistake in my eyes.

Miles

q-s does have a requirement on SA being installed at this time. Theres a bug in it where if no scanners are detected, it wont install itself correctly. I opted for SA since every PSA user is running SA already.

Prior versions did not have SA as a dependency, which might be what youre seeing.

FYI, although I'm sure others have mentioned it.. freshclam indicates that I'm running 3, but level 4 is required. I know you're a busy man, but any idea as to when a ClamAV .81 rpm will be available?

Hey ART, can you give any pointers on how to integrate dspam into plesk?

Most of the stuff I can find with qmail is for vpopmail as well, and I'm not sure that applies here. I have dspam configured with the following

./configure \
--with-dspam-home=/ops/dspam \
--prefix=/ops/dspam \
--enable-domain-scale \
--with-delivery-agent='/usr/local/bin/procmail' \
--with-storage-driver=mysql_drv \
--enable-chi-square \
--with-mysql-includes=/usr/include/mysql \
--with-mysql-libraries=/usr/lib/mysql \
--enable-virtual-users \
--with-dspam-home-owner=popuser \
--with-dspam-home-group=popuser \
--with-dspam-owner=popuser \
--with-dspam-group=popuser \
--enable-broken-return-codes \
--enable-spam-delivery --enable-delivery-to-stdout --enable-homedir

But after that I'm pretty lost. Even if you don't have a dirrect how to, if you could give me the flying overview of the mail theory in plesk that would even be a great help.

Thanks

hmm I can't seem to get clamav to catch any virus files. I send the tests through the system, but they come through anyway. Where are clamav's actions logged, I would like to tell if it was even being called. Any ideas ART?

Looks like
qmail-scanner-queue.pl

doesn't even live on my system, I got this complaint when instaling your rpm

[root@suburban log]# rpm -Uhv --force /var/cache/yum/atomic/packages/qmail-scanner-1.24-1.rhfc1.art.noarch.rpm
warning: /var/cache/yum/atomic/packages/qmail-scanner-1.24-1.rhfc1.art.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5ebd2744
Preparing... ########################################### [100%]
1:qmail-scanner ########################################### [100%]
install: cannot stat `qmail-scanner-queue.pl': No such file or directory
setuidgid: fatal: unable to run /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl: file does not exist
setuidgid: fatal: unable to run /var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl: file does not exist
chmod: failed to get attributes of `/var/qmail/bin/qmail-scanner-queue.pl': No such file or directory
[root@suburban log]# locate qmail-scanner-queue.pl
[root@suburban log]# echo test | mail [email protected]
[root@suburban log]# rpm -Uhv --force /var/cache/yum/atomic/packages/clamav-0.80-1.rhfc1.art.i386.rpm
warning: /var/cache/yum/atomic/packages/clamav-0.80-1.rhfc1.art.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5ebd2744
1:clamav ########################################### [100%]

Let me know where to go from here. Also dspam help would be great too.

are you mixing any of Dag's rpms in there? Our archives are not compatible with each other yet, so if you're running his daemontools, its going to break q-s like that.

No not mixing any other RPMs here, the only thing that I have done is add the [7.5] channel from your server since it didn't seem you had the 7.5.2 stuff yet. let me know if that is needed or just a mirror of swsoft. here is the yum stuff

[root@suburban qmail-scanner]# yum install clamav qmail-scanner
Gathering header information file(s) from server(s)
Server: Atomic Rocket Turtle - 1 - Atomic PSA-Compatible RPMS
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Base
Server: Atomic Rocket Turtle - 1 - OS Update RPMS mirror
Server: Fedora Core 1 - i386 - Released Updates
Finding updated packages
Downloading needed headers
clamav is installed and is the latest version.
qmail-scanner is installed and is the latest version.
No actions to take

Ive seen the above happen in only 2 cases so far, 1) is that a content scanner isnt running (the reason for the Spamassassin dependency above) when q-s is installed
2) is when dag's daemontools is in place instead of mine

Seems that I needed to restart spamd

qmailq 14975 0.0 0.6 27660 25436 ? S 11:38 0:01 /usr/bin/spamd -d -u qmailq -c -H /var/qmail

[root@suburban qmail-scanner]# rpm -q spamassassin
spamassassin-3.0.2-1.rhfc1.art
[root@suburban qmail-scanner]# /etc/init.d/spamassassin restart
Shutting down spamd: [ OK ]
Starting spamd: [ OK ]
[root@suburban qmail-scanner]# rpm -q daemontools
daemontools-0.70-1.rhfc1.art

[root@suburban qmail-scanner]# rpm -Uhv --force /var/cache/yum/atomic/packages/qmail-scanner-1.24-1.rhfc1.art.noarch.rpm
warning: /var/cache/yum/atomic/packages/qmail-scanner-1.24-1.rhfc1.art.noarch.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 5ebd2744
1:qmail-scanner ########################################### [100%]

and it works, oh well thanks for your help.

You'll have to modify q-s for that, I remember seeing a patch on the q-s mailing list, but that was probably a year or so ago. You'll definitely have to update the code to work with the lastest version of q-s.

Sorry I deleted my post about dspam that you replied to, I just haven't got clamav runing yet so I was trying to take one thing at a time.

So with regards to dspam, is that the only way to get it workint with Q-S or is there other ways?

I'm going to try digging first but I clamav doesn't seem to get called when mail is processed, I can't see anything in the logs. I need to look more on my own though.

Yeah thats the only way to get dspam in there, on the plus side the source is all there. On the clam stuff, Id really have to see your install first hand to be honest.

What can I show you? I'm really confused the logs aren't turning up anything. my install was pretty basic.

provision FC1
install apt
apt-get install yum
install psa 7.5.2
yum install clamav qmail-scanner

There is other stuff, but that was mostly for compliing dspam. I'm really not sure where to go from here.

Hi,
I have basically a fresh install w/ last's week upgrade to 7.5.2 and all the packages found at ART's.
Tried to install qmail-scanner and got
[root@ns1 root]# yum install clamav qmail-scanner
Failed to find section: main
< repeated several times more >
Insufficient server config - no servers found. Aborting.

in /etc/yum.conf I have :

[psa-7.5]
name=Atomic Rocket Turtle - $releasever - SW-Soft PSA 7.5 RPMS
baseurl=http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/psa-7.5/$releasever/
baseurl=http://archive.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/psa-7.5/$releasever/
baseurl=http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/psa-7.5/$releasever/

Any idea or just a server under maintenance ?

Regards,

I believe you also need:

[atomic]
name=Atomic Rocket Turtle - $releasever - Atomic PSA-Compatible RPMS
baseurl=http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/art/$releasever/
baseurl=http://archive.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/art/$releasever/
baseurl=http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/art/$releasever/

but I'm not much of an expert.

Scott,

I need to disable all scanning for a single customer, and just can't figure out a way to do this. Hate to bother you for advice, but I'm out of options.

Back