• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Antivirus for my server and e-mails?

T

Technologies

Hi all. I´m new in this forum and I´m new too using Plesk control panel.

I bought a Windows 2003 Standard dedicated server (self managed) that comes with Plesk 7 for Windows (with power pack included).

I already configured my server but I have a problem. I want some antivirus for the server and for the e-mails of my clientes. In the plesk 7 for Windows I see that MailEnable standard is included and I know that it doesn´t support any antivirus program. I have some questions about that.

1) Should I buy MailEnable Pro for use some antivirus?
2) What antivirus recommends me to use with MailEnable Pro and Plesk control panel?
3) Can you give me a link where I can buy the antivirus license?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

Matt,

Answer to your questions below.

1) I recommend the purchase of Pro. The ability to integrate anti-virus, along with Webmail, IMAP, etc. It was definitely a worthwhile purchase for us.

2) We personally use F-Prot because of recommendations from other companies, the cost, and our personal testing. We found it very easy to use and does not consume a lot of valuable system resources.

3) It can be purchased here: https://secure.f-prot.com/cgi-bin/buy

They offer a trial download.

which version should i buy for my Plesk+win server 2003?:confused:

F-Prot Antivirus for Exchange or
F-Prot Antivirus for Windows

I just need serverside check for emails of my customer's webpages?

Also I heard that reatime scan for F-Prot on Plesk win server should be closed , Is that true ? Waht are your advises to work with F-Prot ?

why Plesk 7.5 does it have a default antivirus?

Also can we upgrade it freely?
:confused:

Back