• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Any issues between Plesk and latest linux kernel: 2.6.17.7

W

WebDork

Posted this on centos.org, but thought I had better ask in here as well.

Im running Centos 4.x and realise there is performance issues with the kernel on my server that causes significant slowdowns.

Has anyone else on Centos upgraded the kernel to the latest version ?

Im running on a plesk box and latest yum supported smp update seems to be 2.6.9-34 ?

This version seems to have widely reported performance problems:

See http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171071

so I was going to go to 2.6.9-39 and realised kernel.org was showing 2.6.17.7 as the latest.

Any suprises in store for me ? I did a search on here but couldnt see anything.

Thanks in advance,

Angus

Posted this on centos.org, but thought I had better ask in here as well.

Im running Centos 4.x and realise there is performance issues with the kernel on my server that causes significant slowdowns.

Has anyone else on Centos upgraded the kernel to the latest version ?

Im running on a plesk box and latest yum supported smp update seems to be 2.6.9-34 ?

This version seems to have widely reported performance problems:

See http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171071

so I was going to go to 2.6.9-39 and realised kernel.org was showing 2.6.17.7 as the latest.

Any suprises in store for me ? I did a search on here but couldnt see anything.

Thanks in advance,

Angus

I'm having this error. Can't update the kernel to asl kernel. I would like to know if plesk use this kernel or not and if can I unistall it and reinstall the new one, without broke the panel.
When I try to yum update I'm not able to do that.
My system is a Centos 5 Plesk 10.4.4.

package kernel-xen-2.6.18-274.12.1.el5.x86_64 (which is newer than kernel-xen-2.6.18-274.7.1.el5.x86_64) is already installed

Can you help me?

Back