1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Any Issues Upgrading from PHP4 to PHP5?

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by dtgorm, Dec 27, 2006.

1. dtgorm

dtgorm Guest

Ok, I have CentOS with Plesk 8.0 and it has PHP Version 4.3.9
    I am wanting to move to PHP 5.x and was wondering if I were to update my PHP, would it break anything Plesk uses for administration...
    I have searched and read the forums but if there is an answer out there, I missed it or it doesnt yet exist.
    The company I pay to lease my server will not support Plesk if I update it to PHP5 myself unless I pay them $150/hr :( so that is out of the question.

2. blank_page

blank_page Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hello,

There should be no problem upgrading to php 5 regarding plesk. So if you are afraid to upgrade only in fear of breaking plesk, you should not.

The great majority of the php scripts work if you change register_long_arrays to on in php.ini.(from your clients perspective).

I think that php 5 is ready to be used.