• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Any solution for email poor reputation with Plex Onyx 17.8?

Atomus

New Pleskian
Hi,

I've a VPS running Windows 2012 R2 and Plesk Onyx 17.8.11. I have configured 73 websites on it, and all are running fine, but ... 1 month ago, I've problems of poor reputation due to some email issue of my clients. I cleaned all clients and tryied to send emails again, but same error occurs. Now, we're not in none email blacklists.

I've setup SPF, DKIM and DMARC for all my domains, but when send an email to gmail, for example, I receive following error:

554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending MTA's poor reputation

After read a lot of manuals and forum, the only thing I can't setup in Plesk Onyx is the DNS Reverse name. When check it through different services, I receive as DNS Reverse name, the name of first domain I setup in my VPS.

My question is:

Which is the better way to setup DNS Reverse in Plesk Onyx, in order to have a "real and efficient" name for reverser email checkers?

Any ideas?

Hi Mark,

I think so.

But I continue receiving that errors (I can't send emalls to some servers).

I have checked that PTR records are defined, too.

I've checked my IP and it's blacklisted in two services: RFC-Clueless (RFC²) Metalist RBL and RFC-Clueless (RFC²) whois RBL.

The problem is when try to delist it. I access to these services and it say that my domain name is listed by an ancestor of it. Then I try to delist it through delist process and none of them (IP nor domain name) are listed in several lists but no blacklists, and I cannot delist it.

It's a problem.

Last edited:
Finally I tried this:

1) I cleaned all computers of my clients.
2) In Cisco Talos checked my IP and I discovered that have a poor reputation. I gone to fill form in "File Reputation dispute here" and filled all fields.
3) In less than 24 hours, I received an answer and IP reputation was increased to neutral, being able to send emails to all servers.

These blacklists are there for good purposes, but in most cases it's very difficult to exit from that lists.

Back