• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Any way to prevent mass email?

J

jerry2

Is there any way to prevent mass emailing my customers? I am using Plesk 7.5.6 and MailEnable standard. Is the only way to buy an upgrade to Mailenable?

I don't want one of my customers to send 10Mb files to 10000 people. No one did, but just in case... I pay the bandwidth...

Hm, is there a way to limit the bandwidth to the customers? There seems options, but what happens after they cross it? Is the site closed or what?

Hello

Actually, there are 2 ways to manage this:
1. Go to MailEnable Administrator -> Servers -> Localhost -> Connectors-> SMTP connector -> Properties -> Outbound -> Maximum message size.
But this affects evvery mesage separately.

2. Setting up traffic limit on Plesk will not be a hard limit. Though, you can configure Plesk to senfd you notifications on traffic limit breaking.

Unfortunately the message size can be set up only globaly.

Setting the bandwidth with no hard limit is not a very good option. One can still make you 1000Gb traffic before found out :-(

Jerry

You can use Merak, or MailEnable Enterprise there are more advanced options for traffic management

John S.G.

Thanx. I really don't have so big business with the hosting, just 20 smaller customers, so I can not spen much. BTW: Are the extra options available from Plesk or only from it's own interface administrator?

Back