• Please be aware: Kaspersky Anti-Virus has been deprecated
    With the upgrade to Plesk Obsidian 18.0.64, "Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Servers" will be automatically removed from the servers it is installed on. We recommend that you migrate to Sophos Anti-Virus for Servers.
  • The Horde webmail has been deprecated. Its complete removal is scheduled for April 2025. For details and recommended actions, see the Feature and Deprecation Plan.

Question Anyone know how to add SSL certificate for mail subdomains

JohnBee

Basic Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian Version 18.0.62 Update #1
I would like to use custom hostnames - such as; imap.domain.name and smtp.domain.name, though I can't seem to get Plesk to play along

I was under the impression that I could install a wildcard cert to cover the subdomains, though Plesk does not seem to acknowledge the hostnames - ie, turn off SSL, connection made, turn-on SSL(in mail client), connection refused

Anyone have any tips of suggestions in getting such a setup working?

Not possible within the means of what Plesk provides.
You would need to manually adjust Postfix and Dovecot config files, to add the required SNI and certificate configuration for these subdomains.

For POP3/IMAP one may adjust/duplicate a config according to "/etc/dovecot/conf.d/14-plesk-sni-xxx.conf"
SMTP is a bit more problematic as the SNI configuration is stored as hash values in "/var/spool/postfix/plesk/certs" and this file get auto-regenerated by Plesk on every change of domains.
Maybe it's possible to define a second hash map for "tls_server_sni_maps" (see /etc/postfix/main.cf) and use the custom config stuff there.

Back