• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question How to host mail server in Plesk but domain with Squarespace, but SSL secure IMAP and webmail?

harry_pipeline

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.48_build1800221104.03 os_Ubuntu 22.04
As described in the title..

I have mydomain.com.

The DNS server for mydomain.com is Cloudflare.

The A record for mydomain.com points to my Squarespace website.

I want to use Plesk for mail, but I cannot add a wildcard/mail domain SSL to secure webmail.mydomain.com and Mail access (IMAP, POP, SMTP) without it requiring the A record point to Plesk server as well. See this screenshot where the "secure domain" is undetectable: https://cdn.zappy.app/6e0d824692ac540f4c74c2c7c577c8e5.png.

Can someone help me configure this?
Thank you!

Issue a certificate just for webmail.mydomain.com so you can access webmail via your domain. For mail access over IMAP, POP and SMTP you can use your servers host name instead when making connections. Which should work just as well.

Last edited:
Just an issue a certificate just for webmail.mydomain.com so you can access webmail via your domain. For mail access over IMAP, POP and SMTP you can use your servers host name instead when making connections. Which should work just as well.

Thanks Kaspar, but I still don't understand.

My hostname is something like this: epic-test.123-123-123.plesk.page, and mydomain.com is just one of many domains I have listed.

The email account is [email protected], and when using an iPhone for Mail, I need to enter the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server, which I'm not sure what that is.

Set your hostname to something like server1.domain.com and use that for the IMAP/POP/SMTP connection.

Back