• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

apache and tmp upload

MattYM@

New Pleskian
hi,

My brain is fried today, I have a website on my plesk server somewhere which is allowing someone to upload a perl script which is seen as a .txt file then try and execute it as the user apache. Earlier on I had loads of wget processes running downloading a page several times in an attempt to fill up my /tmp folder. I have no execute set on /tmp.

Is there an easy way to find out which site is being exploited?

Everything is owned and run by apache so tearing my hair out trying to track it down.

thanks

matt

Hello,

It's very hard to find to out the exact domain name OR user using is uploading the perl scripts /tmp directory due Apache user ownership. But I will suggest you please scan your whole server with the LMD scanner and delete all infected files from your server. May be there is a shell script present under your one of the domain and hacker is uploading the perl scripts through that script.

Back