• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache Error - Too many open files: mod_fcgid

James Tyler

New Pleskian
I've added 400 domains via the command line to avoid having to do it manually in the web interface. Every domain was added with this formula:

./domain --create domain.info -clogin admin -status enabled -hosting true -hst_type phys -ip myip -login domain -passwd mypw -cgi false -php true -www true -ssl false

Now I'm getting this in my apache error_log:
[Sat Jul 24 01:30:12 2010] [notice] Digest: generating secret for digest authentication ...
[Sat Jul 24 01:30:12 2010] [notice] Digest: done
[Sat Jul 24 01:30:12 2010] [notice] mod_bw : Memory Allocated 0 bytes (each conf takes 32 bytes)
[Sat Jul 24 01:30:12 2010] [notice] mod_bw : Version 0.8 - Initialized [0 Confs]
[Sat Jul 24 01:30:12 2010] [error] (24)Too many open files: mod_fcgid: Can't create pipe between PM and stub
[Sat Jul 24 01:30:12 2010] [emerg] (24)Too many open files: mod_fcgid: Can't initialize process manager

I'm assuming that there is something wrong the ./domain syntax

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have the same error after adding 800 domains via command line.
I have PP11.0.9 and used the "site" command.

Have you got a solution for the errors?

Hey, I never got a legitimate solution to this problem. I believe I wound up doing 100 domains at a time and waiting a few minutes between running the commands.

Thanks for your reply.
I just added 400 in bulk, then the error messages came up.
Do I have to delete this one's first, or does the configurations repair itself?
Thanks in advance

Yes, I believe I deleted the records I added before the I re-ran the adds. Sorry - my memory is a little hazy; it was over two years ago when I was doing this.

Back