1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Apache gets unavailable on every change

Discussion in 'Plesk 10.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by BjørnJ, Apr 11, 2012.

1. BjørnJ

BjørnJ Guest

For absolutely every change I do regarding web hosting in Plesk, be it adding a subscription, changing PHP settings or anything else, Apache gets unavailable for a couple of minutes.

It seems like it is shut down, rebuilds its config then started again. Anyway, it causes a lot of unneccessary downtime.

Is Plesk really supposed to work this way? I am very close to migrating all my customers to a different CP.

I'm running 10.4.4.

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. BjørnJ

BjørnJ Guest

Thank you for your reply, Igor. This seems to have solved the issue.

For others who may stuble upon this thread:
    When I did a full restart of Apache, it would only take a only a second or two, but every change I made in Plesk made Apache unavailable for a couple of minutes.

The solution in the KB seems to not only replace the "apache restart" with an "apache reload" (graceful restart), but seems to also change the order Plesk does it's things. Now I have no downtime at all.