• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue After moving subscription, users receive message "Your subscription was removed", Cannot create new webspace.

thespark

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
CentOS 7.9.2009
Plesk version and microupdate number
18.0.47 Update #5
Perhaps this should be two items; but I suspect these things may be related.

Plesk version: 18.0.47 #5, updated just this morning 10/26/2022

Issue #1
I have a domain that was originally included within a different webspace created around a different "parent" domain. To be clear, not a subdomain or "host"; but a different domain. I set it up this way because they were related clients. Earlier this year, we cut the "parent" client loose; but retained the "child" client. I used the "Move domain" feature to extract this domain to it's own subscription/webspace. This process wasn't perfect, there were a few files that didn't copy for some unknown reason and some permissions problems; but these issues were easily tracked down and remedied. Overall, it was certainly more efficient than taking the domain completely down and recreating everything by hand. Everything has been fine until just this past weekend when one of my users wanted to login to Plesk to set an auto-reply on their email. They entered their email as usual and the password for the address. The login panel displayed the following message: "Error: Access denied: Your subscription was removed." I was able to duplicate this error with a few other email addresses associated with this domain. It's additionally worth noting that the email itself continues to function normally - both sending and receiving email and the user retrieves email via Outlook with no issue. If I try to sign in with a known incorrect password,

I get the expected message about an unrecognized username and password, so I deduce some authentication is taking place.
I reviewed /var/log/messages and /var/log/plesk/panel.log. The failure was logged in the latter; but no suggestion as to cause.
I reviewed all settings in Plesk, rand the troubleshooter and repair tools. Repair seemed not want to run in the panel. I may try command line later; but I'm frankly a little nervous about running something with such a large scope.
My first instinct was to recreate the individual account, which I did; but I got the same result.
My next instinct is that there is still some attachment to the original domain. I tried adding it as a domain within the "extracted" webspace; but this did not change anything.
Fnally, it occurs to me to just do what I probably should have done originally - just take the original site down completely and rebuild it in it's own newly created webspace, which brings me to:

Issue #2
When I click "Add webspace" from the list of subscriptions (/smb/web/subscriptions), I just get redirected to the domain list + whatever webspace filter was applied last. I subsequently discovered that I could in fact create a new webspace by clicking "Add domain" in the Domain list and that appears to work, so this will be last ditch to fix this if I can't figure out anything else; but I'm hoping someone can provide a less time consuming solution.

I feel pretty sure there is an unresolvable connection to the original deleted subscription somewhere that I ought to be able to fix or remove.

I know this is long, just trying to be thorough and save everyone a bunch of time suggesting things that have already been tried. Thanks for any and all suggestions.

Issue #1: Wrong user name on login to the panel.

Issue #2: "Add domain" does not create a new subscription. It creates a new domain. If done by the admin, that domain is not associated with any subscription. You can however associate it with a specific user (subscription) afterwards. If done by a subscriber or from within a subscription the domain is added to that subscription directly without any further steps.

Are you logged in as "admin" and are you using the "service provider view"? Maybe the problems exist, because you are either not "admin" or are using "power user view"?

Issue #1: Wrong user name on login to the panel.

Issue #2: "Add domain" does not create a new subscription. It creates a new domain. If done by the admin, that domain is not associated with any subscription. You can however associate it with a specific user (subscription) afterwards. If done by a subscriber or from within a subscription the domain is added to that subscription directly without any further steps.

Are you logged in as "admin" and are you using the "service provider view"? Maybe the problems exist, because you are either not "admin" or are using "power user view"?

Hey, thanks Peter, I appreciate the response. I have considered and ruled out both possibilities; but they were reasonable suggestions.

Back