• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache listen on 127.0.0.1 possible?

J

johnmont

I'm working with running Squid as a reverse proxy on my Plesk 9.3 server. First, the ability to assign ports to virtual domains is great -- thanks for adding that.

However, at times this is problematic and I would actually like to run the apache server on 127.0.0.1 for my virtual domains. This way, I could run squid on the public IP address and pass on requests in Squid to the local loopback. This is possible in standalone apache configs, but I'd like to figure out how to do it "correctly" with Plesk. I would end up with something like:

Squid runs on public IP 192.65.34.12:80
Vhosts run on 127.0.0.1:80

The alternative I tried (which is now possible easily in 9.3) was:

Squid runs on public IP 192.65.34.12:80
Vhosts run on 192.65.34.12:8080

However, there are some implications when clients request a directory without the trailing slash -- apache redirects them to the 8080 port, which bypasses the Squid proxy.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi,

I'm trying to do such the same, but the only thing I get if I run squid on the public IP and httpd on 127.0.0.1:80 is the plesk default page.

Could you please explain your suggestion a bit more atomicturtle?

Thank you.

Regards,

Boris

Back