• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Apache + Nginx As Reverse Proxy Imunify360 Question

X-HTTG

New Pleskian
Server operating system version
Ubuntu 22.04
Plesk version and microupdate number
Plesk Obsidian v18.0.56_build1800231106.15 os_Ubuntu 22.04
My current setup is Apache + ModSecurity with imunify360 ruleset. I want to run Nginx as a reverse proxy for Apache. Will I have to switch Mod security from Apache WAF to Nginx WAF with Imunify360 ruleset or do I keep Modsecurity as Apache? Is that supported?

Attachments

• modsec1.PNG
    modsec1.PNG
    34 KB · Views: 8
I read the question as "When I use Nginx, do I have to use ModSecurity 3.0 with Nginx?". You can keep it as it is with Apache unless you disable "Proxy mode" (in that case only Nginx will server content and rules that apply to Apache won't work any longer).

I read the question as "When I use Nginx, do I have to use ModSecurity 3.0 with Nginx?". You can keep it as it is with Apache unless you disable "Proxy mode" (in that case only Nginx will server content and rules that apply to Apache won't work any longer).
Okay thank you for clarifying that. So I am now using Nginx as a reverse proxy for apache but I left the modsecurity ruleset to Apache 2.9 with custom imunify360 ruleset instead of switching it to Nginx WAF 3.0.

So if i decide to use cloudflare will i have to restore visitor IP Address with Nginx???

Now there is a default plesk page on my hostname where as originally my hostname, IP and Domain all had the same webpage!!!

Could you please create a new thread for this different and new question? Please also describe the steps that lead to the issue, what you'd expect instead etc.

Back