• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Apache + PHP FPM optimization

Kapnos

Basic Pleskian
Hi,

I'm using Plesk Onyx on a dedicated server with Xeon E3-1245 v5, 32GB RAM and 3x250 RAID5 SSD running Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS.
For HTTP service I use nginx reverse proxy with apache mpm event and php 7.0.14 FPM.
Can you help me on optimizing the settings for the above?
Thanks!

Optimize for speed? The settings out of the box normally provide high speed. Exact settings, e.g. which modules to activate in Apache and which not, depend on the type of websites, scripts, shell execution functions websites are using, number of websites in relation to RAM, MySQL settings ... but generally to optimize a system you will first need to collect detailed information on the behavior of the services that are in use, how they are used, how often, at what time of the day and so on. I don't think that anyone can give you realistic advice for optimization without a detailed analysis of the whole system.

I'm very interested in this thread :)
IMO, most everyone running Plesk (who hosts client websites) would or should be interested in this topic.

I'm a technical person, but not for the server setup/config for Plesk... as I don't SSH into my Plesk server... I don't want to learn new/more skills :)

I think it would be very, very beneficial to all, IF there was a button you push that then displays:
- the server config settings
- the vhost config settings
- the vhost status
- the vhost details mentioned above
- and any other items, values, details that are normally ASKED by people when trying to help a member.

example: on wordpress woo commerce, they have the "system status", that you cut and paste whenever submitting a support ticket.

I can only see positive things come from such a "button" :)

Peter, I agree with you above statement... do you know of an easy way to get that sort of data?

thanks!

yes... i saw that today...

1) I also see its been in-the-works for a couple years? :(
2) what is the simple way just to display some basic "details", so others can see the details they need to offer some help?

The server hosts one wordpress site with corresponding mysql database. Daily pageviews are around 25000 with bursts to 45000. MySQL database size about 1.2GB with regular read/writes per day, it's a news site with daily post upload about 150 posts.
Wordpress is set up with W3 Total Cache using disk cache.

Wordpress is set up with W3 Total Cache using disk cache.

just saying... i would remove W3TC.... after the latest update, it caused many sites to crash...
search the net, see for yourself :)

also, from what I hear, there is a right way to remove it and a wrong way.

check your site with https://gtmetrix.com/ It will give you some tips to optimize your wordpress.
I do not use Apache anymore, just nginx, php is runing as FPM for Nginx, I do change some things on nginx settings for caching images.
I do use a caching plugin WP Super Cache, works fine on all my sites and really helps to speed up delivery to my clients.

Back