• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache stops/starts after a period of time

S

SavinV

I have a problem with my apache on a Debian 4.0 distribution.
The apache service stops and starts alone after some time.. but i don't know why.. i have read it's because it dosen't have free RAM Memory left to perate.. and in proccess I see sometimes apache2 <defunct> ..

I have about 30+ websites hosted on the server + cs game servers, radio servers(with backup) and hub services(verlihub)..

And i have a problem with MySQL too. Sometimes on the hosted sites that are using a db connection it says maximum connections reached..

I modified the /etc/my.cnf the maximum connections allowed to 500.. and still gives that error..

The main problem is the apache thing.. because all the sites goes down when the apache is stopped.

I have watchdog on that tells me when the apache is down and when is up.. (here is a small preview):
Events:
[May 14, 2009 03:33 PM] 'Web Server (Apache)' service started.
[May 14, 2009 03:28 PM] 'Web Server (Apache)' service stopped.
[May 14, 2009 03:18 PM] 'Web Server (Apache)' service started.
[May 14, 2009 03:12 PM] 'Web Server (Apache)' service stopped.

Hy Zagr, i don't have the folder httpd in /var/log.. I only have this two folders: apache2 and sw-cp-server.
I checked the apache2 error.log file and i have a couple of warnings and errors..
Looked at it but I don't know where exactly is the problem.. can u please point me to the right direction?
I attached the 2 files with error log from apache2 and sw-cp-server here..

The problem is strange..

Problem Solved with the Name Servers.. i had to register my Name Servers at the International Registry to work with .com's, org's etc.
And i have another small problem, i can't modify a domain with the main dns record..
I have about 22 domains hosted and about 16 ip's (that are set as alias for the main ip) and almoast all the domains are hosted on the main ip. But five (5) of them are alocted on another ip (not the main ip) and all the domains have the ns of the main domain that I have on the server and all of them works perfectly and a few days ago i tried to add a client with his own ip (not the main ip) and he added a domain that have my main domain ns and it won't work. I don't know why..
I search a old thread on parallels forum and someone says:
In Plesk you need to add NS records of ns1.mydomain1.com and ns2.mydomain1.com to the DNS records of all the domains you have already in Plesk. You also have to remove the NS records already added based on the domain name itself. You should also remove PTR records from all domains other than your mydomain1.com one (you also need a PTR record for the primary domain on any additional IP addresses you have - basically there should only be one domain with a PTR record for each IP address you have. Having multiple PTR records per IP - i.e. if you have one for each domain - can cause problems)

I tried to delete the default ns records that the plesk creates on a new added domain and insert in that dns zone of the specific domain my main domain ns records.. but i can't insert ns.mydomain.com, I only can set the first parameter not the second and third.. mydomain.com.

Can o tell me how can i solve this problem? :( because i would hate to stack all of the domains on the main ip.. I would like to share them on all ip-s evenly.

Attachments

• error.log.txt
    256.1 KB · Views: 3
  • sw-cp-server_error_log.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
Back