• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache version in Plesk 9.2.3

I am using Plesk version 8.6.0 that has apache version 2.2.3. According to PCI DSS (Payment of Credit Card Industry Data Security Standard), I have to use apache version 2.2.11 or higher. If Plesk version 9.2.3 contains apache version 2.2.3, then I do not need to upgrade Plesk. Otherwise, I need to upgrade Plesk containning the latest compatible version of apache. That is why I am asking this question above?

Once again. There are two Apache in Plesk - one for clients vhosts and one for Plesk admin interface. Apache for vhosts is not shipped with Plesk and it is OS vendor's package. You can upgrade it as usual OS package. But you can't upgrade Apache which is shipped for Plesk admin interface. Also in the latest Plesk version lighttpd (sw-cp-server) server is used instead Apache for Plesk admin interface.

Furthermore the PCI standard does not dictate what version of Apache you will run. It only indicates you have to address vulnerabilities that would compromise the security of Personal Account Number (PAN) data.

If you are keeping up with the latest update from the vendor, then it is likely that any PCI compliance testing reporting vulnerabilities are incorrect, given the highly inaccurate testing method being employed.

Are you saying that to update Apache for a particular VS, you do it via the OS rather than the Plesk panel?

yes you would use the internal updater (yum for the most part) to keep up with the updates. Plesk handles updating its own components, and the vendor handles theirs.

Back