• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Apache2.0 vs. Apache1.3 mod_auth

T

trauma

I'm currently running Plesk 7.5.4 on two different server platforms: RHEL2 and RHEL4.

RHEL2 uses Apache 1.3 and RHEL4 uses Apache 2.0. The issue that I'm noticing is related to how Apache handles authentication. I'm using both mod_auth and mod_auth_mysql. And I have a situation where I'm using mod_auth for the document root (it's actually frontpage that does this) and mod_auth_mysql for a subdirectory. This has worked fine in Apache1.3, but it's no bueno in Apache2.0.

In Apache2.0 it seems to always revert to the authentication mechanism imposed on the document root. It never even consults the database when trying to access the subdirectory. Shouldn't the settings for the subdirectory override those of the parent directory? It always has in the past.

btw all of this is handled with .htaccess files... if that makes any difference.

Back