• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

API :: Enable SpamAssassin for Email account

B

bmwbill42

Hello.. I have created the following function to enable the spam filter for an account:

function EnableSpam($Username, $DomainName)
{
$req = "<?xml version=\"1.0\" encoding=\"UTF-8\" standalone=\"no\" ?><packet version=\"1.3.4.1\"><spamfilter><set><filter><username>$Username@$DomainName</username></filter><enabled/></set></spamfilter>";
return $this->sendCommand($req);
}

$spam = rpc->EnableSpam(test,test.local);

print_r($spam);

The results of the function are:

Array ( [PACKET] => [SYSTEM] => [STATUS] => error [ERRCODE] => 1014 [ERRTEXT] => Parser error: Cannot parse the XML from the source specified )

After searching through the Plesk 8.4 API documentation I can't seem to find the correct way to enable the SpamAssassin feature on a selected mail account...

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong, it has to be with the XML request format.

From the look of the code you haven't closed off the packet node. Also, I believe the version should be at least 1.4.2.0? And the username shouldn't have a domain name...
Code:
<packet version=1.4.2.0>
  <spamfilter>
    <set>
      <filter>
        <username>$Username</username>
      </filter>
      <preferences/>
      <enabled/>
    </set>
  </spamfilter>
</packet>
This from the API-rpc 8.4 guide. Hope it helps.

Thanks for pointing that out -- I did forget to close the <packet> node.

with and without the $DomainName appended it succeeds with STATUS => OK, but when I check the account through the GUI the Spam Filter is not enabled for the account...

What am I missing? And if its executing the command with STATUS => OK why is the spam filter not being enabled?

Also if I change the packet version all I get are parse errors.. I'm running Plesk 8.4 on CentOS. Do I need to update the API component? Is that updated separately of Plesk itself?

Back