1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

app vault

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by tcmhosting, Jun 4, 2005.

1. tcmhosting

tcmhosting Guest

Hey,
    I think you should have Invision Power Board included in the next application vault and administrators should be able to upgrade their app vault for newer versions and releases.

2. Cranky

Cranky Guest

IPB isn't open source.

3. uhoh

uhoh Guest

its offered in cpanel.

kthnx

4. Cranky

Cranky Guest

An old version is yes, but not IPB2.

5. NightStorm

NightStorm Guest

If you read the licensing for Invision, 1.3 is redistributable (but not patchable or upgradable) through auto-install services like Fantastico... but 2.0, being a commercial product now, is not allowed.
    In fact, even running 2.0 outside of the trial periodan without proper legal licensing is grounds for a lawsuit or, at the very least, the real owners of the software to contact your datacenter and have your server unplugged.
    What's more, it's also no longer legal to download 1.3 from any third-party site... so unless you happened to already have a copy sitting around, just obtaining it is a violation of the company licensing.
    Ain't software licensing fun?

6. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Yeah really, I run into these problems all the time. Even big mainstream apps like php and mysql will have licensing issues (with each other no less). Quite the minefield to navigate for a distributor.