• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Please beaware of a breaking change in the REST API on the next Plesk release (18.0.62).
    Starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.62, requests to REST API containing the Content-Type header with a media-type directive other than “application/json” will result in the HTTP “415 Unsupported Media Type” client error response code. Read more here

Applications (Apps) are not installing

PeterbusU

New Pleskian
Hello again.

I've had very curious problems with Plesk since installing it (had that small FTP issue which was my fault). I ran into a problem that prevented me from uploading anything via PHP (like a file upload within wordpress or simply via input=file). I figured it had to be some kind of Permission Problem on the IIS side of things so I reset the server and started over. I upgraded to Plesk 11.5 and was determined not to dabble in the permissions via the server but only via Plesk to see where the Problem was coming from. I've set up everything and FTP & such work fine.

Now I wanted to install Wordpress (or anything really) from the Applicationvault via Plesk. I do not get an error message but after the packages (again regardless of which application) is downloaded the installation does not finish. I've let it run for about two hours after filling in the details and clicking "continue" but it's loading without avail. The installation seems to set up empty databases but does not do anything more. Furthermore those empty databases cannot be deleted since Plesk deems them in use by an application that does not exist. The folders where the applications should be installed to remain empty.

What could be the cause of this? Is there something between IIS, Plesk + PHP which has to be set up manually? Any Permissions that don't get taken care of during Plesk installation? Thank you for any suggestions.

PS: After searching the web, these forums and the parallels homepage I couldn't find anything else but something about the Handlers needing to be set, but those are fine.

Back