1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

archive outgoing mail for mailbox

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by bartu, Oct 10, 2008.

1. bartu

bartu Guest

Hello,
    I was wondering if there is a possibility in Plesk to have all outgoing emails from one mailbox (that is hosted in Plesk Centralized Mail server) to be copied and then sent to a different email address?
    I know it's possible by changing the source and recompiling qmail. AFAIK Plesk doesn't give opportunity to recompile qmail

2. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

3. bartu

bartu Guest

Recompiling qmail should give a possibiulity to archive emails that have specific (regexp can be used) address in the 'Form' field. This filed however can be forged by user and emails like this won't be archived. That's why i need a way to archive all emails originated by specific user (SMTP or webmail)

4. bartu

bartu Guest

after installation of qmail-auditor software i managed to achieve the goal of archiving emails (without recompiling qmail). But it archives only emails with specified 'From' filed, which can be easily forged. I need to archive all the emails authenticated by selected user (outgiong form one mailbox). Can anyone help with this? Is it possilble at all with qmail?

5. atomicturtle

atomicturtle Golden Pleskian

Yup, you can do it with qmail-scanner

6. 19patje72

19patje72 New Pleskian

57%
    Do you know how?

7. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

Looking at the qmail-scanner.ini configuration file you need to set ARCHIVE="yes", I guess.