• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Are all these issues related?

No, those first four support articles are not related to changing the time zone for PHP. Changing the PHP time zone should work without any issue if you follow the steps outlined in the support article.

If you have any issue that's related to the firewall you should solve those first following the steps in those support articles.

No, those first four support articles are not related to changing the time zone for PHP. Changing the PHP time zone should work without any issue if you follow the steps outlined in the support article.

If you have any issue that's related to the firewall you should solve those first following the steps in those support articles.
Thanks,
Okay, two things:
1) the top 4 items are all related to each other? My server has an issue related to all 4 articles. the solutions, as you can see... other people say it doesn't work.
2) the time zone issue. I did exactly what the article said and PHP script is NOT using the "set" timezone. Would you have any ideas on what could be causing the Additional configuration directives to NOT work?

thank you

1) the top 4 items are all related to each other? My server has an issue related to all 4 articles. the solutions, as you can see... other people say it doesn't work.
Those support articles all describe different issues and do not seem related to each other. It could be that the described solutions do not work for some people. That doesn't mean they don't work at all. You'll have to try for yourself.

2) the time zone issue. I did exactly what the article said and PHP script is NOT using the "set" timezone. Would you have any ideas on what could be causing the Additional configuration directives to NOT work?
When a configured time zone isn't used the most common cause is that the time zone gets overwritten by another time zone setting which get set in either a script or a htaccess file.

You can easily test this by creating a separate test domain in Plesk, set the time zone to the PHP additional configuration directives and create a PHP script for the domain with to print the time zone setting. It should display the time zone configuration in the additional configuration directives.
PHP:
<?php

if (date_default_timezone_get()) {
    echo 'date_default_timezone_set: ' . date_default_timezone_get() . '<br />';
}

if (ini_get('date.timezone')) {
    echo 'date.timezone: ' . ini_get('date.timezone');
}

?>

I can't restart PHP because of the above items with the firewall.
Please open a separate thread for this. Please describe the steps to reproduce an issue with the firewall that you experience, what outcome you'd expect normally and what is happening instead.

Those support articles all describe different issues and do not seem related to each other. It could be that the described solutions do not work for some people. That doesn't mean they don't work at all. You'll have to try for yourself.

When a configured time zone isn't used the most common cause is that the time zone gets overwritten by another time zone setting which get set in either a script or a htaccess file.

You can easily test this by creating a separate test domain in Plesk, set the time zone to the PHP additional configuration directives and create a PHP script for the domain with to print the time zone setting. It should display the time zone configuration in the additional configuration directives.
PHP:
<?php

if (date_default_timezone_get()) {
    echo 'date_default_timezone_set: ' . date_default_timezone_get() . '<br />';
}

if (ini_get('date.timezone')) {
    echo 'date.timezone: ' . ini_get('date.timezone');
}

?>
thanks Kaspar,

i added your php script to what I already had.
so what is happening, PHP is NOT using date.timezone, it is using default?

uhm, I guess I didn't know there were 2 settings for the samething?

my issue comes from MySQL is using the default as well.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 3.47.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-05-31 at 3.47.55 PM.png
    58 KB · Views: 10
I'm dealing with this now but all timezone match, verified using the above script.

what else can I try to get system to match app?
Cron PHP timezone
The timezone used by the WHMCS cron script, 'UTC', has a 5 hour difference to the timezone used by the WHMCS UI.

Back