• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

ART spamassassin conflict with psa-sa, blank emails after removing psa-sa

M

malphigian

I'm running Plesk 8.0.1 on a FC2 VPS.

Here is what I have done:
1. Removed DRWEB
2. yum install clamd spamassassin (via atomicrocketturtle's PSA 8 channel)
3. yum install qmail-scanner

After doing the above, qmail-scanner appears to be working, as does spamassassin. HOWEVER, it seems both spamassassins are running.

I see the following in the header:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=4.6 required=6.0 tests=DATE_IN_FUTURE_12_24, FROM_LOCAL_NOVOWEL,UNPARSEABLE_RELAY autolearn=no version=3.1.3

And at the bottom of the very same message, I see this:
Content analysis details: (19.9 points, 5.0 required)

It seems like what's happening here is maybe both spamassassins are giving it a score, and one of them really sucks (this message was obvious spam).

From what I've read, removing psa-spamassassin is the way to handle this. However, I have tried this twice, and the result both times is that I start receiving blank emails -- no subject, no sender, no body.

I double checked, and there's no references left in .qmail files. I ran qmail-scanner-reconfigure. No dice, still getting blank emails.

If I reinstall psa-spamassassin, the emails start working again, but I'm back to the original problem -- there appear to be two different spam scores, and the less accurate one is being used to determine if the subject rewrite should happen.

:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back