• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ART spamassassin conflict with psa-sa, blank emails after removing psa-sa

M

malphigian

I'm running Plesk 8.0.1 on a FC2 VPS.

Here is what I have done:
1. Removed DRWEB
2. yum install clamd spamassassin (via atomicrocketturtle's PSA 8 channel)
3. yum install qmail-scanner

After doing the above, qmail-scanner appears to be working, as does spamassassin. HOWEVER, it seems both spamassassins are running.

I see the following in the header:
X-Spam-Status: No, score=4.6 required=6.0 tests=DATE_IN_FUTURE_12_24, FROM_LOCAL_NOVOWEL,UNPARSEABLE_RELAY autolearn=no version=3.1.3

And at the bottom of the very same message, I see this:
Content analysis details: (19.9 points, 5.0 required)

It seems like what's happening here is maybe both spamassassins are giving it a score, and one of them really sucks (this message was obvious spam).

From what I've read, removing psa-spamassassin is the way to handle this. However, I have tried this twice, and the result both times is that I start receiving blank emails -- no subject, no sender, no body.

I double checked, and there's no references left in .qmail files. I ran qmail-scanner-reconfigure. No dice, still getting blank emails.

If I reinstall psa-spamassassin, the emails start working again, but I'm back to the original problem -- there appear to be two different spam scores, and the less accurate one is being used to determine if the subject rewrite should happen.

:confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Back