• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Art?

J

jpipitone

I'm new to the unix world, and I've been unable to find articles relating to ART and creating a repository for updates with yum.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I appreciate any help.

You posted "creating a repository for updates", did you want to setup your own repository, or just use ARTs existing repository of files to update your server? If you just want to be able to update your server from ARTs repository of files, then:

To download and install YUM, go here:
http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/m...ns&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=18&page=1

To get the yum.conf config, look at the bottom of this page:
http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/

You do NOT put all of the channels, basically only the ones pertaining to your OS and Plesk version. Definitely don't put multiple Plesk version channels.

If you wish to actually set one up of your own to serve up files, then do a Google on:

"howto setup yum repository"

There are a number of sites with good info on setting one up.

I have yum installed already - however when I type the command:

yum install spamassassin

it appeared as though it was downloading or checking a repository. i don't know where to start relaly - does yum automatically update spamassassin?

Can you copy/paste the output of the running that command here?

Also see your other post I just replied to...

Yum will do a number of things, it will check the repositories, download headers, show you a list of what it is about to do and ask for confirmation from you.

Once you give confirmation to go ahead, it will then install the spamassassin (and any dependencies needed). The stuff it prints out while it is running is fairly explanatory, hopefully you saved that info, please post it here.

Also post the contents of /var/log/yum.log (not a direct replacement for posting the command line output). The log file is just a summary, not as detailed as the command line output.

Let's quit this thread and just use your other post.... too confusing with multiple posts

Back