• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP+Access=internal server error

J

jjjlo

I move my web site from old server (Win2000+ensim) to the new one (Win2000+Plesk6.5). All ASP pages that connect to Access database got this error message "internal server error".

Anyone know how to use Access databases with plesk?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ASP Issues

I am also having ASP issues with Plesk. Mine are related to Server side includes and an inability to locate a file, which is there and all scripting in the files is correct.

What you can do is go into IIS, go to the page listing the configuration for scripts and executables (the same page as the directory is listed) and from there go to configuration for scripts and executables and turn on ASP error recording. This will log all errors to the log files which you can then download out of plesk to view what the error is. From there you can correct it or post it here for advice.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

Possible Solution

If tech support hasn't already had you do it, something our tech support for our dedicated server had us do to fix ASP problems was this:

Search for the file synciwam.vbs

Once found go to the command prompt and change to the directory it is located in.

Type cscript synciwam.vbs

Hit enter

type IISReset

Hit enter (This restarts IIS)

Restart the server.

This could fix your problem

Hope it helps.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

We also had all sorts of error running ASP pages and accessing MS Access databases.

In our case, we found out that all "Error 500" issues were caused by privileges missing on the WINNT, WINNT/SYSTEM32 directories as well as on the TEMP directory. Because of this, IIS was not able to access & run the DLL used for ASP processing, and the Jet engine was not able to create temporary files in the TEMP folder while querying the Access database.

Minh

This is a common problem on both Plesk and Non-Plesk IIS Servers and is directly related a misconfiguration that can happen during the install of Windows or IIS, especially on NT 4.0 Workstation, 2000 Pro, and XP.

I believe it would be a good idea for Plesk to verify all permissions even though the OS or IIS is supposed to set these up during the install.

But, I just hope they take care of a few bugs first as this is a minor one time admin fix problem if this is occuring. On the other hand, some of the bugs I have found relate to every time a site is created and limit the number of IP addresses allowed on a server.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

Larry, thanks for your post.

On our end, we have found two problems on our install :
1) the File Manager takes more than 1 minute to display the content of a folder
2) after you create a mailing list, the Web Admin interface to manage the mailing list is not available (button grayed out).

Do you have those issues on your end?

Thanks,
Minh

Minh,
I am not experiencing the issue with File Manager. That loads fine in about 10 seconds or less. The Mailing List issue I am experiencing, but I am not currently using this feature.

I am currently experiencing a variety of issues, but the primary problem is the inability to add over 16 IP addresses without crashing IP Aliasing (or related functions, i.e. IP Pool) and causing CPU usage to sky rocket to 100% after selecting IP Aliasing with 17 IP's.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

BTW, I am also having two other problems.

1.) When plesk creates a domain it adds 4 MIME types directly to the virtual directory. These MIME types override the server side ones causing the server to send a variety of files, including .css files, as application octect string. Due to this Mozilla and any standards based browser will not load the CSS file and therefore destroys the visibility of any site using an external CSS File.

The MIME Types are: .* .html .stm .shtml

.* shouldn't exist in general on any site

.html is listed on a server level

.shtml is not a mime type, it is a script type and should be configured as such, which IIS already does by default.

.stm I couldn't locate, but if Plesk wants to add it, it should do this during installation to the server level MIMES.

2.) When using a virtual directory as the root path for a domain "Enable Parent Paths" must be checked under scripting configuration options for ASP pages utilizing SSI functions to work properly when operating from a subdirectory and requiring to return to the parent directory to access another file or subdirectory for the Include.

Workaround was to do this on the "Web Server" level in IIS, but with this being a common item shouldn't Plesk automatically check this?

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

To add to the list, we just found something weird today that we have escalated for investigation to Plesk Support.

In our plesk installation, we have 3 domains configured. Those are named-based hosting, and "treglia.org" is the first domain we installed on Plesk. When we view the FTP Webalizer report for treglia.org, we see at the bottom of the report (section Total Usernames) that it accounts ALL the FTP users of the server, including those that do not belong to the domain treglia.org :

http://treglia.org/treglia.org_non_ssl/ftpstat/usage_200312.html

Also, in the Traffic section of the Plesk panel for our domain treglia.org, the FTP traffic transfered for the physical hosting "tdscom.net" (another named-based hosting using the same IP as treglia.org) is accounted as traffic for the "treglia.org" domain instead of being accounted for the proper domain.

Minh

do someone solved the problem (asp+access)??
I tried doing what you say but....only error 500!

Tnx

Go to the IIS Management Console then "Web Sites" and right click and go to "Properties" Once here go to "home directory" then "Configuration" next to scripts. Select "options" and check mark "Enable Parent Paths"

See if that fixes it.

sorry i'am an idiot i know...
i starter MMC and in the window i only see 'main directory'.

where's web sites??

Possible Solution
If tech support hasn't already had you do it, something our tech support for our dedicated server had us do to fix ASP problems was this:

Search for the file synciwam.vbs

Once found go to the command prompt and change to the directory it is located in.

Type cscript synciwam.vbs

Hit enter

type IISReset

Hit enter (This restarts IIS)

Restart the server.

This could fix your problem

Hope it helps.

Larry Stevens
CTO
DDI Hosting

This procedure seems to have worked great for me. A client was complaining about problems with an access database and now he says the are gone.

Thanks a lot Mr. Larry Stevens

I got a question though, What did this procedure exactly do? I'd like to know if possible.

Thanks in Advance.

-Andres Tinoco

Back