• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP Component Extremely Not Installed...

N

Nomail Angel

greetings.

Everything worked fine, until I needed to host a website using asp.

I am hosting on a windows server 2003 entreprise using parallel plesk 8.3

ASP files don't work, they give a 404 error. I tried to enable ASP Support in the Setup of the plesk control panel
of the domain. but it says "ASP Support Component not installed".

So I have installed Active Server Pages (ASP) and Server Side Includes (SSI) using add remove components, and also have allowed Active Server Pages with the IIS Manager, under Web Server Extentions.

I have also allowed script source access of the web directory in the plesk panel. But still no success.

I know that it is not a directory problem, since the html work fine, while the .asp files in the same directory don't.
All the other websites work fine.

(I also tried to enable and disable ASP.NET many times, to see if it can help. No sucess. ASP don't work in neither cases).

any help would be appreciated. thanks.

I figured it out, after hours of surfing. in one thread they say to refresh servers applications clicking the icon near the clock. This is a misdirection.

Here is a walkthrough for those who had the same problem:

After allowing ASP under IIS Web Service Extentions, open the parallel plesk Control Panel. In the Left under System click Server.

There in the right windows under system you will see Components Managment. Click it.
Than in the new window click Refresh

now ure new component ASP 6.0.3790.3959 will be added, and u will be able to enable it in the setup of your domain.

Back