• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP Mail Issues

WbAdminSupport

New Pleskian
Hi All,

I have a few users who are using CDONTS and CDOSYS mail functions to send mail. However, since putting them on the the Plesk systems we have, these functions fo not work.

In the case of the CDONTS I have taken the steps to add it to the server since it is no longer supported.

The issue is this. The form appears to work, it takes all the info and appears to send the mail but nothing arrives. I have Plesk 10.4.4 and it is running MailEnable as the mail server. I am really not sure where to start here.

Can someone give me a helping hand. If you require any log info please let me know.

Thanks.

Okay, so maybe I am just unable to understand how plesk works with mail enable.

can someone point me to documentation on how how plesk 10.4.4 handles mail. We have a smartermail server that we use for our primary mail system, so I don't think we even need mailenable but it is my understanding that this is the program plesk uses to send mail out when a client uses a script. Is this correct?

What I am basically looking fo ris this. We have a separate email server as mentioned above. I need a client to be able to have a script send message form the server. On my side, what is it that I need to use? Do I need MailEnable or can I remove it and just use the windows smtp client? If I need MailEnable, is there any special setup I have to do other then installing it as a component?

Thanks.

Hi IgorG,

Thanks for the link. I have actually done this with the exception of the SMTP portion. I thought that "MailEnable" was used by Plesk as the default SMTP client and thus as long as it was running, the ASP forms would work. This appears not to be the case.

So let me ask this then. In order to get CDONTS and CDOSYS working I enable the IIS SMTP service. If that is the case, what purpose does MailEnable server? I apologies if this seem obvious. I came into this company after these systems were already installed and am just trying to learn them. My experience is with vanilla IIS systems, not contorl panel type systems.

Back