• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASP pages not working

M

Mainship

I'm new to virtual dedicated servers like this. I'm trying to learn the ropes while setting up my first domain.

I've gotten as far as being able to get to my website via a browser. Htk pages are no problem, but I get a 500 (Internal Server misconfiguration) error when I try to open an ASP page.

Is there something I missed? How do I check the error log?

Thanks, Oleg. My first reaction to your post was to be a bit peeved. Of course there's no script error! It was a simple one line response.write just to check the asp. I disabled the custom error document (I always have friendly error messages turned off in my browser), and got the same error. When I went back to check that the 500 custom erro document was diabled, I noticed that there were a number of 500 errors, so I disabled more of them. Wouldn't you know it? My response.write line was missing an end quote! Talk about egg on my face!

Thank you for your help! I was getting frustrated trying to solve a problem I didn't have!

Back