• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

ASPNET Permissions

E

emsol

Can someone please post here exactly what folders and files the ASPNET user should have access to ?

After my initial installation I had a problem where asp.net applications were not working at all - permissions problems.

So by taking some advice from a .net forum - I added the ASPNET user to the vhosts folder which I know is a security risk. Unfortunateley its the only way I've been able to get asp.net pages to work at all.

This problem (asp.net pages not working) occurred from the start and I didnt change anything to make it happen.

Swsoft did open a call for me some time ago but I've faxed them the permissions form twice and they keep telling me they didnt receive it, plus they sent me a couple of emails with "fixes" which were related to someone elses support calls so I've given up on getting support from them.

Can anyone else help ?

Please check if NETWORK SERVICE has the following permissions:

Read & Execute + List Folder Contents + Read on ...\vhosts\<domain>\httpdocs\

Dear Chris,

We apologize for the inconvenience.

Support engineers send you some typical steps that might help to understand why this problem appeared. When we see that we can not understand (and hence fix) this problem, support engineers asked you to provide us with access to the server to have closer look. And also we asked to send us Server Permission form. We are unable to login to Customer's server without signed permission form. That's why you were asked to send us this form by fax. I don't know what went wrong with it but we really have not received any documents from you. That's why we asked you to scan Server permission form and send it to email. Since that time we've not heard anything from you.

Please understand that we can help to a Customer if the Cusotmer want us to help him. Also, it is very interesting and unusual case (as nobody reported about this issue exept of you) and we would really like to investigate it and post here the solution or release patch.

If somebody else experiences the same problem and can provide us with server access, we will help.

Thanks,
Plesk Support Team

Back