• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question Assistance Needed: Setting Up Reverse Proxy for Joplin Server on Plesk VPS

alborworld

New Pleskian
Hello Plesk Community,

I'm currently facing a challenge in setting up a reverse proxy on my VPS, where I have Plesk installed. I'm running a Joplin Server instance and wish to access it through a dedicated subdomain. Ideally, the Joplin Server should be accessible via https://joplin.mydomain.com.

Here's an overview of my current setup:
  1. Plesk Server Configuration: I have a Plesk Obsidian server in AlmaLinux with Nginx enabled. A subdomain for the Joplin Server (joplin.mydomain.com) is set up in Plesk.
  2. Joplin Server Details: The Joplin Server is running in a Docker container, accessible on port 22300.
  3. DNS Management via Cloudflare: I have configured DNS entries in Cloudflare to direct traffic for the subdomain to my VPS/Plesk server. The DNS is set to "DNS Only" mode.
  4. Cloudflare SSL/TLS Settings: The SSL/TLS mode in Cloudflare is configured to "Full".
  5. SSL Certificates: I'm using Let's Encrypt certificates for the subdomain joplin.mydomain.com.
My goal is to configure a reverse proxy so that traffic to port 443 of joplin.mydomain.com is correctly forwarded to localhost:22300 on the VPS. Additionally, I want to ensure that the SSL connection is properly set up and functional.

I'm seeking guidance on how to achieve this within the Plesk environment. If anyone has experience with a similar setup or can offer any tips or insights, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions!

Back