• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Atomic ModSecurity... Basic or Subscription?

MicheleB

Regular Pleskian
Hello,
I'd like to use the complete version of Atomic ModSecurity (instead of the "Basic") and Plesk ask me username/password from Atomic website.

I've registered my new account on Atomic website but now I think is necessary to purchase a service.
Is this the correct version?
https://atomicorp.com/amember/cart/index/product/id/56/c/

Someone has already used the full version of Atomic ModSecurity on Plesk 12.5?
Are there recommendations about to use it (heavily CPU, memory, I/O intensive, etc.) or is the "Basic" with only more functionality?

Thanks!

Nobody uses ModSecurity subscription on Plesk?
Which are the Atomic subscriptions available for Plesk 12.5 (Debian 8)?

Last edited:
Hi,
I don't see no link "Real Time... (Monthly)" in my Plesk's control panel... could you tell me where is it?

and... is necessary change something on Plesk (for example, restart apache) or I just switch from Basic to Subscribe?

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok thanks but in the documentation is indicate that is necessary run these CLI commands:
------------
Caution: If you select the Atomic ruleset, perform the following procedure to ensure that ModSecurity works fine:
Run the aum -u command on the server. The Plesk modsecurity package will be replaced by that from the Atomic repository. Then run the following commands:
  • plesk sbin modsecurity_ctl --disable
  • plesk sbin modsecurity_ctl –enable
  • service https restart
------------

Do you confirm me that is not necessary run these commands if I use "Subscription" (only buy the rules and add username/password)?
Thanks.

Back