• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

[atomic] Mysql 5.1 for Plesk

If one wants to stay with MySQL 5.0 for some time, how do you do that still using the Atomic repo?

Thanks.

The package is still available in the repo, you can try specifying the exact version when you invoke yum. I dont know how much longer it will stick around in the repo though.

Thanks, it would be great if you could keep the MySQL 5.0 packages in the repo for a few months, I think other users may need them too.

I installed MySQL thru Atomic, and `mysql --version` now returns:
Code:
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.48, for redhat-linux-gnu (i686) using readline 5.1

Plesk (9.5.2) reports 'mysql 5.1.48-1.el4.art' within the 'Server Components' page.

However, phpinfo() still returns:
Code:
mysql
MySQL Support enabled 
Active Persistent Links  0  
Active Links  0  
Client API version  4.1.22  
MYSQL_MODULE_TYPE  external  
MYSQL_SOCKET  /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock  
MYSQL_INCLUDE  -I/usr/include/mysql  
MYSQL_LIBS  -L/usr/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient

MySQL as returned by mysql_get_server_info() returns the correct version.

What do I need to do to ensure that this is all operating correctly? I'm afraid that the client API might cause problems.

If it matters, I'm running RHEL4.

On a few server I have updated, where I know that is no unicode characters, that was in the past an issue. Where I have updated, all is OK. Now I prepapre the rest of the server to upgrade, hope all will be OK.

Back