• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Atomic Rocket Turtle - upgrade to Plesk 8 ?

J

JohnB@

Hello All:

Has anyone with CentOS and the Atomic Rocket Turtle version (!!!) of Plesk 7.5.4 tried to upgrade to Plesk 8 yet?
That means with PHP 4.4.2 already installed, and MySQL 4.1.15 and many other upgrades included that Atomic Rocket's YUM installer installed.

Please give us a report. THANKS.

John

Atomic Rocket Turtle upgrade

I was able to get the install using the plesk upgrader program. I am running CentOS and using Atomic Rocket Turtle w/Up2date. I did have to delete the .htaccess files for some reason and worked through a few weird things. Its all up and running fine now. So, it can be done... Good luck..

Hi !

You wrote:
--------
>> I was able to get the install using the plesk upgrader program. I am running CentOS and using Atomic Rocket Turtle w/Up2date.
---------

I am confused by this. You say that (a) you upgraded to v.8 using the Plesk upgrader from within the existing Plesk 7.x install, and (b) then run up2date with Atomic Rocket Turtle settings??

I see that Atomic Turtle has a psa 8 site now. And -- my question -- wouldn't it be the easiest and savest (???) to use "yum update" after changing the yum.conf file to point to version 8??
http://3es.atomicrocketturtle.com/atomic/psa-8.0/

Anyone done it this way?

Also, does the v.8 Atomic Turtle version include PHP 4.4.2 ?? On above site I do not see this (but it is in the 7.5 version of Atomic Turtle).

Thanks again.

I keep packages I've put together in the [atomic], [atomic-testing], and [atomic-bleeding] channels. The [psa-*] channels are the standard tarballs distributed from sw-soft. At the most I generally** only digitally sign those sw-soft packages with my GPG key. So if you've only got the psa channel in your yum.conf, you will be getting just what SW-Soft distributes. To add in support for packages I've created, you'd need one of the atomic channels along with the psa channel.

** OK sometimes I do meddle with the sw-soft distributions. To date it has only been on Java or Tomcat packages that were made with versions of RPM that when signed with GPG, become corrupted. Its purely been to fix bugs in during packaging (outside of sw-softs control). Not to add features, or otherwise tamper with their as-distributed design.

Back