• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Atomic Secured Linux 2.0 RC2 Released

atomicturtle

Golden Pleskian
Atomic Secured Linux(tm) is a Unified Security solution, for Linux(tm) systems designed to protect your servers against both known and unknown threats. It is distributed through a subscription yum channel ensuring that ASL is always kept up to date. Unlike other security solutions, ASL works by combining security at all layers, from the Kernel all the way up to the application layer to provide the most complete protection available for Linux servers. ASL includes the most hardened kernel on the market, automated system hardening techniques, userspace and host Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS), malware/rootkit detection and elimination, blacklisting technologies and web application firewalling to protect multiuser and web application hosting environments unlike no other solution. ASL is uniquely effective at addressing emerging threats posed by vulnerabilities in todays complex systems and applications, such as web hosting environments, multiuser systems, CRM's, forums, shopping carts, Content Management systems and other custom applications.

Whats new in ASL 2.0 Release Candidate 2

* Support for Plesk 8.4
* Update mod_security to 2.5.4
* Update clamav to 0.93
* Update Application Inventory, Latest Coppermine and Joomla
* Added Application Inventory detection for Magneto, AutoIndex, AdancedPoll, and B2Evolution
* Added Whitelist management Interfac
* Added Blacklist Management Interface
* Added support for Blocking by Country (Geo Blocking)
* Added basic firewall module
* Added False Positive Reporting interface
* Added support for disabling TRACE in apache
* Added in Horde vulnerability checks

ASL is available for CentOS 4/5, Fedora 4/5/6/7/8/9, and RHEL 4/5 for a limited time price of $128/year per server. Not running one of these Operating Systems? Try our rules-only channel for mod_security and clamav updates.

For more information on getting ASL or our rules-only subscription check out, http://www.atomicrocketturtle.com/subscription.html

so i can buy this Firewall and it will woking forever but updates only for 1 Year?

Yes, its more like the red hat upgrade subscription than a firewall. Many components require regular updates to detect the latest malware and attacks (ossec, ClamAV, mod_security, GeoBlocking). Other components, like the kernel are standalone, and change infrequently.

I'd recommend it as a very happy customer. It has one or two quirks, but those are very much outweighed by the level of service, turn around time for false positives on the ruleset, and extremely cool features.

Two thumbs up, and the best $$ I've spent.

Price: around 82 € for asl and around 50 € only the rules. So 7 € per Month :)

I must sleep a few days and think about it!

Don't sleep on it to long, if you see what ASL does you pay more ;) I'd recommend it as a very happy customer also! If I see what is blocked per day by ASL I do not want to know what would have happened without ASL. Therefore the prize is very acceptable.

Art, i had been using mod-security. To install ASL do i just remove the modsecurity lines from Apache? I also use 4PSA clean server do i have to remove it since ASL seem to ship with clamav.

Do NOT remove Clean Server! ClamAV is not doing the same. ART will explain you the rest ;)

If youve got an existing mod_security install, you'd need to remove it. The only exception would be if you were using an RPM install. In which case it will happily upgrade that for you.

No need to remove 4PSA clean server, it will work along side it just fine.

I just bought a license, I'm happy with it since I no longer have to maintain all the software.

Back