• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

authpsa qmail problem

ZopfWare

Regular Pleskian
I just upograde my 9.2.1 through the command line and after the update I am having MAJOR email issues. I am finding the following jobs tunning and there are about 10 or more of them and they are pushing my server load through the roof.

What is this and why is it causing so much trouble?

25633 root 20 0 20312 1556 1224 R 4 0.1 1:36.39 /usr/lib/courier-imap/authlib/authpsa /usr/bin/pop3d Maildir

There are multiples of this when I do a top-c. What exactly is going on that my usage has tripled? It is really slowing down the server.

Moderation is affecting the dissemination of vital information

This new routine of "moderating" posts before they are posted is a big waste of time and delays the resolution of serious flaws in the Plesk software. I have posted 2 solutions (actually one solution and a link in another thread to the solution and it has been over 6 hours and the posts are not showing up. When you combine this with the "new" phone system and inability to get any kind of support is really BAD BUSINESS!

If you are going to moderate these forums then perhaps you should spend some money and PAY SOMEONE to do nothing but review posts.. I'd certainly do it!

Moderating posts delays the time for resolution regarding the issues with Plesk software. I have posted 2 solutions (actually one solution and a link in another thread to the solution and it has been over 6 hours and the posts are not showing up. Phone support is also not effective.

sorry to inform you, your fix doesnt work, i've tried everything, no luck! not even security things, authpsa and relaylock EAT UP the server every 10 to 20 mins.

I've solved this issue by doing this:

There's a simple solution:

Go into plesk:

1) Mail server settings

* At Relay Options:
2) Uncheck the authentication required: "POP3 lock time"

* Disable greylisting:
3) /usr/local/psa/bin/grey_listing –update-server -status off

Everything will work okay :)

This problem is claimed to be fixed in the release notes for 9.2.3

I've had it happen twice now since the upgrade so I can assure you it is NOT fixed.

The first time the load average on the machine went OVER 1100!

Do you notice if it happens at a particular time everyday?

Cause we've discovered that it can be a cron problem. Try disabling all cron jobs and see if it still happens.

Also, be sure to do this:

Go into plesk:

1) Mail server settings

* At Relay Options:
2) Uncheck the authentication required: "POP3 lock time"

* Disable greylisting:
3) /usr/local/psa/bin/grey_listing –update-server -status off

BTW - anyone know the proper procedure to report the bugs continued existence to Plesk engineers?

Are they even working on this problem? Seems like it's been there forever and it happens purely at random now.

Sure I can use the workaround but then you lose customer functionality so it is a very poor workaround.

Back