• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Resolved Auto log off / session idle time: please improve

TomBoB

Regular Pleskian
It is a great feature, but in my opinion it needs to be upgraded to something proper.

I'm thinking about something similar to our online banking: Don't do anything for the specified time, and a screen comes up blocking everything behind, with a note in the corner: log out, or carry on and stay logged in. With a count down of seconds left. Great.

In Plesk the feature is currently half-baked. It works, but with many annoying glitches.

Be in monitoring (the old "advanced monitoring") when you exceed the session idle time, and you get a weird error message, then it logs you out.
Be in mail log browser when it kicks in, and you stay on a gray screen till forever. Won't even refresh and go back to the login screen. Need to to a browser refresh.
At other times, you're actually busy doing something [I'll try remember in which extension that happened] and you get logged off right in the middle.
There is other examples, just didn't write them down at the time.

Just something that is clear-cut. Either you're logged in, or in the small time window where you can decide to yes still stay in, or at no input get forcefully logged off, or you come back to find you've been logged off and see the login screen.

Just my 2 pennies worth for some improvement. :)
Tom

hello @TomBoB ,

thank you for your input. Your suggestions have been passed to developers.

appreciate your feedback!

Here is another one that is REALLY annoying.

Real live example. Work on a few servers in parallel, checking and adjusting things in the panel.ini . You've done server1, server2, back to server3. See the panel.ini , change something. Get a message "settings were saved". After 10 seconds or so you get logged off. Log in again, go to extensions, open panel.ini , do the change all over again.

Pain in the proverbial.

Back