• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Issue Nextcloud (Extension) issues

mkoornstra

New Pleskian
After struggling with my previous Nextcloud install I removed the instance and started over just 2 hours ago.
The reason was that updating Nextcloud wasn't possible, not within Nextcloud nor via the Extension.

Also after every installation and logging into Nextcloud with the admin account, Nextcloud is sized incorrectly in every single browser. Also there is an enormous white screen visible in every single browser I used (FF/EDGE/Chromium/GC/Safari). Lots of people wrote that disabling or disabling/enabling the Accessibility App will help, even disabling the Dashboard app was mentioned. Not with the Plesk Nextcloud Extension unfortunately.

Then there is the problem updating Nextcloud. After logging in as admin and browsing to the part the update is initiated in, the page is all like 1995 text style, CSS is gone and every single active component on the page is vanished. Pressing the Start Update button is just for clicks, nothing happens on that wonderful, pretty, static website. This was pre "the new instance" btw, 4 hours ago.

Now, when I use the update function of the Extension I get an error with lots of text but the main error is this pretty line of text: stderr: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 155926016 bytes). To fix this error one needs to do the follwing: enable apc.enable_cli=1 in /etc/php/8.0/cli/conf.d/20-apcu.ini. OFC you need to add apc.enable_cli=1 in the right folder and file under the used PHP version your site is using. I call it a day and I will try it in the afternoon,

I see that there is a lot of work going into Nextcloud but this extension sticks add fixes done in may. Once did the extension work, it was on my Centos 7 server which I had for a while but after testing Centos 8 and because of all uncertainty that came with Centos 8, I migrated all my things to another server running Ubuntu not long ago. Everything started when I tried to install the 20.x.x version of Nextcloud on a fresh server running Plesk with all the latest patches etc. Oh, I also tried to use lots of PHP versions but till today I never got Nextcloud running as it did when it was on version 19 on my good old Centos 7 VPS. I really hope work can be done and a new version of the extension will automatically set all things right to have Nextcloud running as it should. I thought that the reason of an extension was that everything will be set in such a way so the application can work right after install. This works with Joomla, Wordpress, Let's Encrypt, name it. Mainly PHP settings are the problem here and something else that, in my case, is putting Nextcloud on a blank/non CSS styled page while using Centos 8/Ubuntu 18.04. That's what I know and what I can give you guys atm.

I almost forgot, when you login as admin it's not possible to see all kinds of System related stuff, there's an item in the left menu structure called System. You'll get foggy error messages in the Nextcloud logging file. Simply remove "opcache_get_status" that is writting in the box right after disable_functions that you can find in the PHP Section on the Plesk GUI under your hosted website. After removing that you can monitor your system within Nextcloud, yeahhh!
To sum this all up, at this moment I can't use Nextcloud. I followed their guide to put all settings right but still, their system check finds stuff over and over again. Nextcloud seems not ready for Plesk on Ubuntu, on PHP 7.2/7.3/8,0. I hope I can find a solution here or there and if I do, it can take some time, I will post it here.

Hi there;

I'm running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.38 on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.
Now I realized, that my nextcloud instance was not able to update itself in the plesk environment.
Currently I have NC 21.0.4.1 installed and wanted to update to 22.1.1.2
The update was not able via the extensions menu nor via the NC backend.
In the plesk backend I'm getting the following notifications:

Execution filemng has failed with exit code 255, stdout: #!/usr/bin/env php Nextcloud Updater - version: v20.0.0beta4-11-g68fa0d4 Step 5 is currently in process.
Please call this command later. , stderr:

Execution filemng has failed with exit code 255, stdout: #!/usr/bin/env php Nextcloud Updater - version: v20.0.0beta4-11-g68fa0d4 Current version is 21.0.4.
Update to Nextcloud 22.1.1 available. (channel: "stable") Following file will be downloaded automatically: https://download.nextcloud.com/server/releases/nextcloud-22.1.1.zip Open changelog ↗ Updater run in non-interactive mode. Start update Info: Pressing Ctrl-C will finish the currently running step and then stops the updater. [ ] Check for expected files ... [2K[✔] Check for expected files
[ ] Check for write permissions ... [2K
[✔] Check for write permissions
[ ] Create backup ... [2K
[✔] Create backup
[ ] Downloading ... [2K
[✔] Downloading
[ ] Verify integrity ..., stderr: PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 173684032 bytes) in phar:///var/www/vhosts/wolfgangreidlinger.at/cloud.wolfgangreidlinger.at/updater/updater.phar/lib/Updater.php on line 637

Any suggestions?

Hi there;

I'm running Plesk Obsidian 18.0.38 on Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS.
Now I realized, that my nextcloud instance was not able to update itself in the plesk environment.
Currently I have NC 21.0.4.1 installed and wanted to update to 22.1.1.2
The update was not able via the extensions menu nor via the NC backend.
In the plesk backend I'm getting the following notifications:

Any suggestions?

solution for this problem can be found here: Issue - Nextcloud (Extension) Upgrade Error

Back