• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Auto-Reply for plesk 10.3.1 stopped working

Kari Kostamo

New Pleskian
My plesk server is using qmail. Auto-Reply does not work for for any domain hosted on this server. It was working but has stopped.

The only change that was made to the server was the installation of PHP 5.3.3

Auto-Replay is turned on and configured with a reply
There are no error messages in the maillog

I've gone through the forum here and looked at all the recommendations to fix an issue like this. None have helped.

Can anyone point me in a direction, thanks

Hi Kari Kostamo,

please consider updating to a newer version, due to the case, that PHP 5.3 versions are no longer supported ( http://php.net/supported-versions.php ).

Apart from all, it would be nice, if you investigate not only the mail.log, but as well other logs, which may contain informations about the issue. Post as well the recommendations you tried, so that suggestions may not result in an answer like "I've done that". It is as well wise to include your operating system and the current Plesk version, incl. MU.

Consider as well to use "debug" - log - modus for some services, so that you might get a better output in your logs, about any possible issue.

Thanks for your response

A planned migration to a new server will be happening in a couple months but until that happens, I need to get the auto reply working again.

Current system is Pleak 10.3.1 running on CentOS release 5.6 (Final)
- Linux 2.6.18-238.9.1.el5PAE #1 SMP Tue Apr 12 18:52:55 EDT 2011 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Not sure of the MU (I took over the job position that looks after this server so I'm not sure how to check this)

I have gone through the mail log file and see when the email arrives, but there is no error message indicting there is anything wrong.
I have verified auto-reply is turned on with a message to send
I have run /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam
- This finished successfully.
==> Checking for: mail_spam_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_conf_init... ok
==> Checking for: mailsrv_entities_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_admin_aliases... ok
==> Checking for: mail_auth_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mailman_lists_dump... ok
==> Checking for: mail_kav8_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_mailbox_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_responder_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_drweb_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_spf_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_dk_restore... ok
==> Checking for: mail_grey_restore... ok

Restarted SMTP Server after running.
Verified SpamAssassin service is running.

Verified /usr/local/psa/bin/autoresponder --update -mail {email address} -status true/false turns on and off the autoresponder successfully

I also noticed that when I ran /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/mchk --with-spam, spamassassin also stopped scanning email for spam

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Kari

I've had some more time to go back and look into this issue.

If I stop psa-spammassassin i get the following in the mail log:
spamd[8732]: spamd: server killed by SIGTERM, shutting down

When I go and start it up again I get the following:

Aug 27 13:47:54 server1 spamd[9088]: logger: removing stderr method
{other logged items}
Aug 27 13:48:19 server1 spamd[9089]: spamd: server started on UNIX domain socket /tmp/spamd_full.sock (running version 3.2.5)
Aug 27 13:48:19 server1 spamd[9089]: spamd: server pid: 9089
Aug 27 13:48:19 server1 spamd[9089]: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid 9127
Aug 27 13:48:19 server1 spamd[9089]: spamd: server successfully spawned child process, pid 9128
Aug 27 13:48:19 server1 spamd[9089]: prefork: child states: IS
Aug 27 13:48:19 server1 spamd[9089]: prefork: child states: II

After that I get my regular logged items. I do not see any reference to spamd after that

Still looking for some help to resolve this issue.

Kari

Back