• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Auto Update failure

donald22

New Pleskian
Hi, I have had plesk panel on my dedicated linux server for some time and have never had problems with updates, most days when I logged in I get a notice in green saying plesk has successfully updated to latest version but for the last couple of days I have been getting a red notice saying that the update has failed apparently due to a password in the mysql database as you can see in the error log. My question is how did the password get there and what is the correct way to remove it?

Code:
Execution failed.
Command: autoinstaller
Arguments: Array
(
    [0] => --select-product-id
    [1] => plesk
    [2] => --select-release-current
    [3] => --upgrade-installed-components
)

Details: Doing restart of Parallels Installer...
File downloading products.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading plesk.inf3: 11%..25%..33%..40%..55%..62%..74%..81%..92%..100% was finished.
File downloading ppsmbe.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading sitebuilder.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading sso.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading setemplates.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading pp-sitebuilder.inf3: 22%..46%..72%..100% was finished.
File downloading billing.inf3: 14%..30%..47%..66%..85%..92%..100% was finished.
File downloading mysql.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading apache.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading nginx.inf3: 100% was finished.
Checking for installed packages... 
File downloading PSA_11.5.30/plesk-11.5.30-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 22%..47%..73%..100% was finished.
File downloading PSA_11.5.30/plesk-patches-11.5.30-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 20%..42%..66%..92%..100% was finished.
File downloading SITEBUILDER_11.5.10/sitebuilder-11.5.10-rhall-all.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading BILLING_11.5.30/billing-11.5.30-rhall-all.inf3: 100% was finished.
File downloading NGINX_1.5.0/nginx-1.5.0-cos6-x86_64.inf3: 100% was finished.
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror
Loading mirror speeds from cached hostfile
 * base: mirror.ovh.net
 * extras: mirror.ovh.net
 * updates: mirror.ovh.net

base                                                     | 3.7 kB     00:00     

extras                                                   | 3.4 kB     00:00     

updates                                                  | 3.4 kB     00:00     
updates/primary_db        36% [=====          ]  0.0 B/s | 928 kB     --:-- ETA 

updates/primary_db                                       | 2.5 MB     00:00     

Detecting installed product components.
Gathering information about installed license key...
Launching component checkers...
File downloading PSA_11.5.30/examiners/panel_preupgrade_checker.php: 18%..28%..30%..40%..51%..63%..74%..86%..97%..100% was finished.
File downloading PSA_11.5.30/examiners/php_launcher.sh: 100% was finished.

ERROR: Components validation detected at least one important issue:
Parallels Panel pre-upgrade check...
  EMERGENCY: The file /root/.my.cnf contains a password for the MySQL console client. Please remove this file temporarily and restore it after the upgrade, otherwise the upgrade will fail.

Not all packages were installed.
Please, contact product technical support.

Just try to remove file /root/.my.cnf with something like:

# mv /root/.my.cnf /root/.my.cnf.backup

and run autoinstaller again with

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Check content of file /root/.my.cnf.backup and returm it back if necessary with

# mv /root/.my.cnf.backup /root/.my.cnf

Just try to remove file /root/.my.cnf with something like:

# mv /root/.my.cnf /root/.my.cnf.backup

and run autoinstaller again with

# /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/autoinstaller --select-product-id plesk --select-release-current --reinstall-patch --install-component base

Check content of file /root/.my.cnf.backup and returm it back if necessary with

# mv /root/.my.cnf.backup /root/.my.cnf
I did it, but still getting :
Plesk pre-upgrade check
EMERGENCY: The file /root/.my.cnf contains a password for the MySQL console client. Please remove this file temporarily and restore it after the upgrade, otherwise the upgrade will fail.

Back