• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

AutoInstaller Problems in Centos

P

pittallen

Dear all,

I am new to installing Plesk, however from a brand new fresh install of centos the auto installer fails to work (even though the supplied docs make no mention of any expected issues or known problems)

It appears to go through all the motions, accepts all the options, downloads all the .rpm's, however it bombs out when it comes to installing.

I get the following:

Installing rh-postgresql-libs-7.3.9-2.i386.rpm
warning: /root/psa/PSA_7.5.3/COS3.3_std.updates/rh-postgresql-libs-7.3.9-2.i386.rpm: V3 DSA signature: NOKEY, key ID 025e513b
file /usr/lib/libpq.so.3 from install of rh-postgresql-libs-7.3.9-2 conflicts with file from package postgresql-libs-7.4.8-1.RHEL4.1
Not all required packages were installed.
Press <ENTER> to continue...

This is exactly the same with 7.5.3 and 7.5.4 (i tried both to be sure).

After a weekend of disappointment, I'm falling out of love with Plesk.

Help!

Martin

Looks like you may have to uninstall " postgresql-libs-7.4.8-1.RHEL4.1" before running the installer (which is trying to install an older version build for a different OS)

And unless I'm mistaken, looks like you're running CentOS 4.1 (RHEL4.1), but the listed "Requirements" for Plesk for Linux, under OS does not specifically list CentOS 4.1, it only actually lists CentOS 3.3

From this, one could deduce that there may be problems or issues since the OS is not specifically listed as supported. Just my .02

After quite a bit of hassle getting no where, I decided to see if anyone in these forums did installs. After a bit of checking i came across a guy called Andrew, who goes by the forum name of "cranky".

A bit of information back and forth, he understood the problem and gave me full confidence in knowing his stuff.

A short time later, the job had been completed, and he had even done a bit of security checks and upgraded some vital things that i knew i needed to do, but you know the saying, never enough time.

Credits where credits due. I would recommend giving Andrew a whirl, especially if your having Centos issues.

Martin

Back