• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion
  • Inviting everyone to the UX test of a new security feature in the WP Toolkit
    For WordPress site owners, threats posed by hackers are ever-present. Because of this, we are developing a new security feature for the WP Toolkit. If the topic of WordPress website security is relevant to you, we would be grateful if you could share your experience and help us test the usability of this feature. We invite you to join us for a 1-hour online session via Google Meet. Select a convenient meeting time with our friendly UX staff here.

Autoinstaller shows components to be installed that won´t install

LarsenD

Regular Pleskian
This is just a bug report. No help needed as it doesn´t seem to cause problems.

When I start the CLI autoinstaller, I always see 2 components already selected, but when I want to install right away, the installer tells me that nothing was selected:

Code:
Main components list for Parallels Plesk
===============================================================================

2 of 45 components selected

Please select the components of Parallels Plesk you want to install:

1. [=] Base packages of Parallels Plesk Panel
2. [=] Parallels Plesk Panel
3. [=] BIND DNS server support
4. [=] Plesk Updater
5. [ ] PostgreSQL server support
6. [=] Plesk migration manager
7. [ ] Health monitor
8. [ ] Fail2Ban authentication failure monitor
9. [=] Parallels Presence Builder
10. [=] MySQL server support
11. [.] <+> Plesk webmails support // 1 of 2 components selected
12. [.] <+> Mail hosting features // 3 of 6 components selected
13. [.] <+> Web hosting features // 9 of 17 components selected
14. [.] <+> Additional Plesk extensions // 1 of 7 components selected

N) Next page; P) Go back; Q) Cancel installing;
A) Select all; D) Deselect all;
Enter number to toggle the component or to view the group;
Type a number or a character of desired action [N]:

To continue, you must select at least one component.
(press Enter to continue)

There are some basic Plesk components which are always selected and you even can't deselect them, even if you try very hard, because they are essential for Plesk.

You have a mistake in your thoughts at the moment. The provided output in your post shows the usage of autoinstaller, without any specifications. To be sure, that you don't remove some basic Plesk components, which are essential, they are always selected, it might be more clear, if you would see the "full" output which you might see, when you use the webinstaller, because these essential components can't be de-selected. There might be as well updates for these components, which is as well more clear, if you use the webinstaller, which shows exactly for which components updates are available.
To come back to the basic autoinstaller view and it's basic choice of several components, you have the possibilty to add/remove all other components, but the already choosen ones.

No, you don´t get it. There is a difference between being installed and being selected.

"2 of 45 components selected" vs. "To continue, you must select at least one component."
Do you think this is logical? I don´t. I didn´t select anything, so the second phrase is correct. The first one isn´t. It should be "0 of 45".

To avoid issues regarding a deselection of an essential component, the essential basic components are already selected... if you want to or if you don't want to is in this case no userchoice.

Back