• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Automated mails by virus

C

ChipMonk

My one client on a windows server got some infected mails.

DrWeb antivirus automately (should) delete the mail immediately on arival.

since yesterday, my system is generting 2 mails almost every second from the admin email, i used panda's live scan, it deducted 17 viruses, and removed it.

but still that mail is being generated. my system mails are totally chocked, and i am manually deleting them every an hour (it croses 5000 mails in two hours)

what is wrong? and what i have to do to stop it?

i tried every single thing i could, disabled the mail as well, but no gain.

it simply keeps on coming.

btw, is there any place or thread to make windows plesk system more secure? (i have seen many for linux, but i couldnt find any for windows)

Check the forum items on this forum.
There is a known bug in the antivirus program,
you got it from the automatic update funtion.

SW-soft and DR web are working on it.

Originally posted by Trizone
Check the forum items on this forum.
There is a known bug in the antivirus program,
you got it from the automatic update funtion.

SW-soft and DR web are working on it.

i updated the plesk last time when it ws from 7.5.3 to 4, and then i did it patched (as on the patches section of the download)

anyway, i m disabling the drweb, if that is the trouble. and clamav i will put on.

btw, can some one lead me to particular thread?

i wasnt able to locate it.

Please update your DrWeb 2 twice.
For this run 2 times
"C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\DrWeb\drwebupw.exe" /GO /ST "/RPC:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\DrWeb\DrWebUpW.log" "/DIR:C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\DrWeb\"

I have this same problem. Last night, Drweb caused over 60,000 emails to flood my admin inbox. (Mostly they are mailer deamon failures and delayed deliveries). I tried the updating as suggested above, but to no avail :(

Any more suggestions?

Does anyone know if the double update above works?

-S

I removed Dr Web from plesk componants, ran the update twice, restarted and it seems to be ok now

Back