• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Question autoreply does not turn off

finbarr69

Basic Pleskian
The server is on CentOS 6.9

The Email autoresponder has an option to automatically turn off on a certain date. It doesn't seem to have turned off on the date the last time I used it for a customer of mine. So I found this support document which explains when and how the Daily Maintenance script runs, but I don't seem to have the /etc/cron.d/dailyjobs mentioned in the document. Is the document correct? It says :

Daily Task script is run by /etc/cron.daily/50plesk-daily script. To change the time of execution cron.daily jobs, edit /etc/cron.d/dailyjobs

Just wondering if the daily jobs are running or not. Since /etc/cron.d/dailyjobs is missing, if it is needed, how do I recreate it please?

Also, it would really make sense if the user could choose the time to turn off the autoresponder as well as the date, and even better if the autoresponder could also be preset to turn on at a specific date and time too.

Brian

Hi finbarr69,

if the file "/etc/cron.d/dailyjobs" is not existent on your server, simply create the file with for example:
Code:
touch /etc/cron.d/dailyjobs
... and edit it with the example ( or/and edit your very own time definitions! ) from the mentioned KB - article with the editor of your choice. ;)

It might be as well, that the standart settings are already defined at

Code:
/etc/crontab
or
Code:
/etc/anacrontab

To restart your crond - service you could use the command:
Code:
systemctl restart cron.service
or
Code:
service crond restart

Ah, I see. I was not sure if the example in the document was the actual default contents.

/etc/anacrontab does exist as follows:

# /etc/anacrontab: configuration file for anacron

# See anacron(8) and anacrontab(5) for details.

SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
MAILTO=root
# the maximal random delay added to the base delay of the jobs
RANDOM_DELAY=45
# the jobs will be started during the following hours only
START_HOURS_RANGE=3-22

#period in days delay in minutes job-identifier command
1 5 cron.daily nice run-parts /etc/cron.daily
7 25 cron.weekly nice run-parts /etc/cron.weekly
@monthly 45 cron.monthly nice run-parts /etc/cron.monthly

I shall test it again. Maybe it just had not turned off at the time I assumed it would. It seems to be a rather vague start time, between 03;00 and 22:00 with a random delay of up to 45 minutes. I assume that if the machine is running at 3am, the daily cron should run within 50 minutes of that time, so the autoresponder should turn off between 03:05 and 03:50. Would that assumption be correct?

Thanks

Brian

I have Plesk 17.5 running on Ubuntu 16.04, and am also having problems with customers reporting that Autoreplies do not get switched off at the configured date.
My daily cron is scheduled at 03:43 AM and the cron daemon is running normally.
What could be the issue?

Back